With a local and national broadcasting career that has spanned a quarter century, the argument can be made that Steve Davis has accomplished what few broadcasters have, interviewing the greatest athlete in the history of each major team sport in the United States: Michael Jordan (basketball), Wayne Gretzky (hockey), Jim Brown (football) and Hank Aaron (baseball).
However, Steve’s “best get” was in the Blue Room of the White House. It was there that he became the only reporter to gain an exclusive interview with President Bill Clinton over a one-year period during the Lewinsky scandal. So how did Steve accomplish what Barbara Walters, Sam Donaldson and Wolf Blitzer were unable to do?
“Your talk was one of the best we have had and we have heard from Steve Forbes, Ted Turner and Zig Zigler” – CEO Club of Baltimore
Exclusive with the President!
Don’t Follow the Book, Write the Book!
Hitting a Home Run with Hank Aaron!
If you are looking for a keynote speaker to inspire, motivate and educate members of your organization, whether it’s the CEO, managers, salespeople, business development professionals, and fundraisers or a university looking to educate its students how to launch their career, Steve Davis can customize the perfect presentation. Steve employs the same skills that have made him a top-rated television and radio host. Using high energy, engaging humor and a captivating delivery, Steve will arm your organization with the strategies, techniques, tactics and methods necessary to:
- Make that next big sale
- Earn that next crucial meeting
- Turn that difficult gatekeeper into an ally
- Get an audience with impossible to reach decision makers
and much more
Strategies Used to Get an Exclusive with President Clinton
Gretzky, ESPN and the Compliment at the Urinal
Don’t Follow the Book, Write the Book
How a Baby Gift Landed Michael Jordan
Clips of Humor
Network with a Purpose
As Steve often tells audiences, “you’re going to hear stories about famous people I’ve interviewed–exclusives with Bill Clinton, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, Hank Aaron, Pete Rose, Newt Gingrich, etc.—I want to be clear, this is NOT a speech about what I’ve done and who I’ve met. That’s all history. This IS a speech about how I did it, what I learned, strategies I used and how I think that can help you.”
- His 4 rule strategy and how it led to Keith OIbermann announcing to the country that Steve was only reporter to interview Bill Clinton during the Lewinsky scandal.
- The time he used a baby gift to help get an interview with Michael Jordan.
- How a tip from Wayne Gretzky can get you new business.
- Why you shouldn’t always “follow the book.” After all, maybe the person who wrote the book got it wrong.
- The principle of NETWORKING WITH A PURPOSE.
- How he received one of his best compliments…..at the urinal of an NFL Stadium (it’s not what you think!)….from one of his biggest competitors.
- Why it is absolutely crucial to your success to find people who will be critical of you.
- How he created an entirely new revenue stream for his company by putting himself in the gatekeeper’s shoes.
- Why you shouldn’t complain, why you should avoid complainers, and why doing both landed Steve in court (don’t worry, he wasn’t the one on trial).
To discuss a speaking opportunity with Steve…